Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
warranty period

2941 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-16 15:52:43

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    scott
    2015-10-14 16:14:25
    I was wondering why the warranty period showing on my maxisys expires in july 2016 when I just received and registered it yesterday? I thought it was a year warranty

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-10-14 16:43:44 (Reply to:scott)

Mine was messed up one year ago. It had 6 months of warranty but 1 year of updates. Oddly enough my warranty started 9 months before I bought the tool.  Fortunately I never needed it. Read the forums before updating!!!

•   Level 3   
    (99) points
    saulvg

2015-10-14 23:42:26 (Reply to:scott)

I believe the one year warranty starts when the actual tool was manufactured or assembled or pretty close to that date. One year updates start when you register the tool. That's only what I believe but lets see what support says.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-10-15 01:25:25 (Reply to:saulvg)

the warranty should start from the date of purchase (by you the user) otherwise it might run out before you get it....

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-10-15 15:49:19 (Reply to:scott)

As explained to me by support and asked same question since upon registration showed one year of updates but only 4 months hardware just like hondaman's 6 months. I think it's true unit starts counting from date of manufacturing  but support reassured me even though not stated to this day there was 1 year on hardware. They wouldn't put anything in writing though when asked and are aware that's what going on. I suppose that always leaves them an excuse if needed to deny warranty. Your choice to do something about it but you'll probably have to go through tool vendor LOL

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-10-15 17:51:39 (Reply to:tech54)

I think AES Wave in USA sells Autel  tool updates  as a Total Care Subscription package. Something like an update with insurance that if the hardware were to  craps out on a non abused  tool during the update subscription period , you pay a few hundred dollars deductible and they replace the entire head unit.Sounds like a good idea to me .

http://www.aeswave.com/Scan-Tools-Updates-c478/

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-10-15 19:30:20 (Reply to:witsend)

Yes,according to AES wave I think for $299.00  replacement cost during an update period you'll get extended hardware so to speak. Scott just bought his unit and hardware listed in his devices doesn't show a full year with the original update period. Same with me and others still in original update period with registration. Even though support says I'm covered till 3/2016 one has to wonder say you bought a scanner already manufactured 3-9 months ago decided not to register unit for one year then you did because coverage was getting too far behind I'm sure they'll let you update for 1 year from that point but say 9 months into that your screen went bad that unit is pushing over two years old now I don't think they'll honor the hardware with the original update period it makes no sense. I've never in all my life bought an item where manufacturer's warranty period was pre-dated based on the actual factory production date. Yes,buying a used item with warranty you'll only get what's left from the original owner. They state it's a glitch in the tool or their system but seven months into this now I'm not so sure anymore and maybe buyers should be asking tool vendors what's the manufacturing date because on paper that's what you'll see from Autel.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    scott
    2015-10-15 19:40:17 (Reply to:scott)
     hopefully I don't need the warranty but that's ridiculous if the warranty starts from production date 

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-10-15 20:28:10 (Reply to:scott)

Maybe in a way you lucked out Scott although you did register it starting the update period  the pre-installed software is probably from May,June,July 2015. You probably have good versions of working software. If you didn't do the major update October 8 yet as Hondaman 219 suggested you might be better off with what came out of the box for now. You have 12 months to change your mind about updating so no rush and keep checking feedback on the forum. You can try to get a better answer from support than I did and keep us posted.

•   Level 3   
    (99) points
    saulvg

2015-10-15 23:48:16 (Reply to:tech54)

Don't think the older software, at least from April 2015 is better than newer software. At least for me it wasn't. When I bought my Maxisys Mini it came with April 2015 software and the Chrysler and GM software were not that good. For GM it would not work with older cars, like 96-99 trucks. The Chrysler one was also acting up, it would have trouble reading codes in older cars as well. I updated both of them and now they work pretty good. I do wonder thou, how it would suck if I would have not been able to update the tool. Would I just be left with a broken, worthless tool?
  Total2 Pages